Instructions for Triple Filter Unit
Thank you for purchasing a PPW Triple Filter Unit. Damage during installation
can void your warranty so please use a skilled installer. Purifiers are
designed to store contaminants so filter cartridges should be changed
every 6 months to prevent them becoming saturated and unloading contaminants
into your drinking water.
INSTALLATION OF WATER SUPPLY CONNECTOR:
***MAKE SURE YOU ARE HOOKING UP TO THE COLD WATER.***
- The water supply connector that comes with the unit is made up of
- Water Supply Connector 1/2" male x 1/2" female NPT. Simply
disconnect cold water line from angle stop bottom or from faucet stud
on top. Complete with cone-washer and seal.
- Assemble the water supply connector by inserting the Ball Valve.
Screw the ball valve into the side of the water supply connector using
3 to 4 wraps of Teflon tape.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the cold water faucet underneath
sink. Attach and tighten water supply connector assembly being careful
not to pinch or crimp any tubing or water supply line while tightening.
- Connect the tube from the ball valve to the inlet fitting ( Clear
Note: This unit is designed to operate between 40 and 85 psi.
If your pressure is higher than this use a pressure limiting valve.
INSTALLATION OF SINK-TOP FAUCET
- Using a VSR drill with a carbide grinding burr, gently grind away
enough porcelain or enamel to more than accommodate the drill bit (about
the size of a dime). Enough surface material must be removed to expose
the base metal.
- Using the 1/4" drill bit, drill a 1/4" hole through the
base metal. Operate the drill slowly and carefully, especially when
the drill is about to penetrate the metal. If necessary use a drop of
two of oil in the hole.
- Repeat step 2. Using the 7/16" drill bit.
Mount the sink top factcet in the hole and using an adjustable wrench(or
hand) to hold the faucet, tighten the 9/16" nut.
- Connect the tube to the faucet using the flow restricter, olive and
compression nut and the other end to the outlet (white housing)
Warning: As every effort is made to ensure the good quality of
your water filter it is not possible to pressure test them. It is the
responsibility of the consumer to check for leaks regularly. No liability
will be excepted for any damage or injury caused by the use or installation
of this product. With proof of purchase provided your filter unit will
be replaced or repaired within 1 year of purchase for a defect in material
workmanship.Damage caused during installation or filter changes is not
covered by warranty. Failure caused by excessive pressure or hammering
is not covered by warranty.